We'll Handle the Rest Heath, Old & Verser, PLC Gives You a Voice
$5,070,280Auto Accident with TBISettlement of automobile accident personal injury claim with traumatic brain injury.
$3,600,000Auto Accident with TBISettlement of automobile accident personal injury claim with mild traumatic brain injury.
$1,890,000Auto AccidentSettlement of automobile/truck accident personal injury claim involving low back injury.
Joseph F. Verser
Joe Verser is a trial attorney focusing his practice on personal injury cases and commercial litigation. Joe has represented numerous clients that have been injured as a result of automobile accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products.
In addition to his personal injury practice, Joe handles a broad range of civil litigation matters for both individuals and businesses in state and federal court. He has represented businesses and business owners in lawsuits involving shareholder derivative claims, fraud, conspiracy, and other business torts. Joe has also tried cases involving real estate disputes, business disputes, and lawsuits involving wills, trusts, and estates.
Prior to forming Heath, Old & Verser, P.L.C. in 2011, Joe was a litigation partner in the law firm of Jones, Blechman, Woltz & Kelly, P.C., also based in Newport News. Joe has been named for 2014, 2015, and 2016 as a “Rising Star” in Virginia’s Super Lawyers and in 2015 was named a “Top Lawyer” by Coastal Virginia Magazine.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Longwood University, Farmville, Virginia
- B.A. magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colonial Council Boy Scouts of America, Past Board Member
- Newport News Bar Association, Board Member
- Newport News Bar Association, Judicial Screening Committee (2015)
- Virginia State Bar, Standing Committee on Communications, 2012 – 2014
- Virginia Peninsula Association of Realtors, Risk Management Committee, 2008 - 2010
- American Inns of Court, James Kent Chapter (Norfolk), 2006 – 2013
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Monarch Bank, Peninsula Leadership Board (2014- 2016)
- Top Lawyers in Coastal Virginia by Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2015
- Recently named President of the Newport News Bar Association. Click here to read the Daily Press
We understand that each client and every case is unique. We work with you to efficiently and effectively develop the proper course of action for your particular case. Over the years, we have become a trusted resource for individuals, families and businesses throughout Newport News.
Leonard C. Heath, Jr.PartnerIn 2018-19 Len served as the 80th President of the Virginia State Bar, the state agency that regulates and governs the approximately 32,000 lawyers who are in good standing across the Commonwealth of Virginia. Len was the first attorney from the...
W. Hunter Old
Joseph F. VerserPartnerJoe Verser is named each year as a “Top Lawyer” by Coastal Virginia Magazine, in addition to be included annually in Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star.” Joe is also rated “Superb” with a 10 out of 10 rating with AVVO. Joe has tried a number...
Jordan C. HeathAttorneyJordan Heath is a civil litigator focusing his practice on personal injury cases and commercial litigation. While attending Regent University School of Law, Jordan served two years on Regent’s flagship academic journal, the Regent University Law...
Kyle C. ZimmermannAttorneyKyle Zimmermann is a civil litigator focusing his practice on personal injury cases and commercial litigation. While attending Regent University School of Law, Kyle served as a staff editor for Regent’s flagship academic journal, the Regent...